HPPSC Has Announced State Eligibility Test for Any Post Graduate Published on 8th November 2017
|Exam Name||State Eligibility Test|
|Qualification||Any Post Graduate|
|Job Location||Baddi, Bilaspur, Chamba, Dalhousie, Dharamshala,
Hamirpur, Kangra, Kasauli, Kinnaur, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti, Manali, Mandi, Nalagarh, Parwanoo, Shimla,
|Last Date to Apply||27/11/2017|
1. Post Name: State Eligibility Test (SET) – Eligibility for recruitment to the post(s) of Assistant Professor(s)2. Subject: 1. Chemical Sciences 2. English 3. Life Sciences 4. Commerce 5. Economics 6. Geography 7. Hindi 8. History 9. Mathematical Sciences 10. Music 11. Physical Sciences 12. Physical Education 13. Sociology 14. Sanskrit 15. Political Science 16. Public Administration 17. Computer Science and Applications 18. Tourism Administration and Management 19. Mass Communication and Journalism 20. Philosophy 21. Psychology 22. Education3. Eligibility:
i) Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master‟s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test. The Scheduled Caste (SC) of H.P. /Scheduled Tribe (ST) of H.P. /Other Backward Classes (Non- creamy layer of H.P./ Persons with Disability (PWD) of H.P. category candidates of H.P. who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master‟s Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.
ii) Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master‟s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in the Universities/Colleges situated in the state, only after they have passed their Master‟s Degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC (Non- creamy layer /PWD (Persons with disability) category candidates). Such candidates must complete their P.G. Degree examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
iii) The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master‟s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET
v) Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year. (for instance the candidates having post graduation degree in Acharya (Traditional Sanskrit) are not eligible to appear in Sanskrit subject ).
1. The candidate must read the conditions of eligibility at Item No. 2 carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for the test before filling the online applications.The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card alongwith their printout of online admission card on the day of examination.
2. Physically/ Visually handicapped candidates who are not in position to write in their own hand writing can avail the services of scribers by making prior request to the Commission at least one week before the commencement of the written test.The candidate should ensure that his category code in answer sheet is the same as he/ she has claimed in the application form. No change in this regard will be accepted by the Commission at later stage.
3. The candidates are being provided Carbonless OMR Answer Sheets to attempt the answers. They have to return the original OMR sheet (upper part of pink colour ) of Paper I, Paper-II and Paper III to the Invigilator(s) before leaving the examination hall/room. The candidates are allowed to take away the Test Booklets of Paper I, II and III alongwith duplicate (Carbonless copy of green colour) OMR Sheet on conclusion of the examination.
4. The detailed instructions for the candidates will be uploaded on the official website of the Commission alongwith admission letters. It may be noted that instructions to candidates will not be sent to the concerned by post.The result of the SET will be made available on the website of the Commission as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be intimated individually about their result